Revised for use with Story Mode.
One reference sheet per class, for advancement & features.
For spellcasters. Position partially under the main character sheet to extend it.
Main Character Sheet Revisions
The character sheet was revised to make it easier to use, by removing a lot of visual clutter and focusing on the more important stats.
- Larger lines. There is more room on each line for writing at a legible size.
- Serif Font. Bookman Old Style closely matches the font in the offical rulebooks and is more evocative of fantasy gaming.
- Heirarchal Abilities & Skills. Skills and saves are listed under each ability score to make lookup quicker.
- No Ability Scores. Only Ability Bonuses (e.g. +1, +2) are used, since the underlying Ability Scores aren’t directly used during gameplay.
- No Background. A new list of Personality Traits provide a quicker way to provide unique roleplaying hooks. PCs get an extra Proficiency.
- No Alignment. All PCs are considered Good by default. Personality Traits offer more nuanced character behavior instead.
- No Passive Perception. The DM can calculate this when needed (10 + Perception).
- No Initiative. This is just Dexterity.
- No Speed. All characters implicitly have a Speed of 30.
- No Hit Dice. PCs regain half of their lost HP during a short rest. See Cinematic Rest.
- No Death Saves. See Cinematic Death.
- No Damage Types. There is no need to record damage types. (e.g. bludgeoning, piercing)
- No Temporary HP. These can be tracked in the “Current” section when necessary.
- No Proficiency Bonus. This bonus is implicitly added in the instructions.
- No Weapon Proficiencies. These can be referenced from the official rules when needed.
- Consolidated Skills & Saves. Skills & saves are combined into fewer, more general skills that are more consistently useful. See Consolidated Skills & Saves.
- Double Proficiencies. Players can have double-proficiency in a skill. This accounts for traits like Expertise and adds a new layer of customization.
- Money. The only currencies are Gold & Silver (10 SP = 1 GP). Round prices up to 1 SP.