- Whoever bids the lowest starting tile wins 3 points.
- If you match skulls, your opponent earns 2 points.
- Be the first to play all of your tiles. If you can't play a tile, draw from the Boneyard.
- If both players pass, whoever has the fewest points in their hand wins.
- The winner of the round wins the total of the opponent's remaining tiles.
- Skulls count as 10 points. Don't be left with them in your hand!
- The first to 100 points is the winner.
I made the first version of Demon Dominoes in 48 hours for Ludum Dare 43 in 2018.
At the time, I had started playing Red Dead Redemption -- but found myself playing their in-world version of dominoes more than the actual game. This inspired me to create my own take on dominoes.
I'm kind of proud of the sound effects, which were all recorded by hand.
True Fact: Val'ak is the demon who rules the part of hell reserved for people who cheat at games.
© Joe Lesko